Where I fit in the box of crayons....

Do you ever get that feeling like there's more out there? That's the feeling that brought me to beyond borders. The global community is growing, and I have not yet become a part of it. I want to be a contributing citizen to the global community through participation and action. Over the years, I have developed an appreciation for diversity and difference, and look for other ways that people are doing things. There’s a whole world out there beyond our North American perspective that has the potential to change the way I see things, and to change my life. Gahndi said, "Be the change you want to see in the world." I think we should not only find the change within ourselves, but also take part in the change we want to see in the world. I hope that Beyond Borders will offer a medium in which I can be the change I want to see in the world, and also take part in that change.

Friday, August 20, 2010

OOOOOOOOOOh, THATS where it is....

I am learning where every muscle in my body is. Don't be fooled - I have not taken an unusual interest in kinesiology, or anatomy - nope! I am able to isolate and locate a large majority of my muscles because they HURT! I found a counter balance weight gym at the university - how appropriate: a workout AND a physiology lesson!

The other day I was watching P!nk on the Ellen Degenerous show and P!nk gave Ellen "Obliques in a bottle" so she could paint on the muscle definition (hahaha); at the time I didn't know where my obliques were... NOW I do! I'm reminded JUST where they every time I laugh or breathe in to deeply (they are the muscles that run along the side of your abdomen)


So here's a list of what hurts (top to bottom)
Trapezius
Deltiod
Latissimus Dorsi
External Oblique
Lower abs
Gluteus medius
Abductor longus
Quadriceps

I just need to tie my laces and then I"m on my way back to the gym - I will never deny that I'm a masochist!


Also a quick update on this stuff...

Personal accomplishments:

-Applied for UN overseas jobs (long shot, but at least I'm getting exposure to HR)
-signed up for pastry classes (I cant wait to get the ovens back on)

45 days of non smoking

6 weeks of running (7 weeks since I started, but I took a holiday in the middle!)

new averages (from July 25):
Average run – 5.5km
Average direct Calorie burn 415

Distance since July 25: 55km
Total 110km
Direct calorie burn since July 25: 4155
Total 7675

August goal - 55/125km

I'm off to find more muscles....

Anyone wanna book a massage with me when I'm home?!

*love*

No comments:

Post a Comment